A Message from the Vulcan Community Health Centre - May 1, 2020
... If you are in immediate danger…call 9-1-1 ...
... Go to the nearest emergency room ...
... or urgent care centre ...
Need immediate help?
- Distress Centre Calgary - Call 403-266-HELP (4357)
- Vulcan RCMP – Complaint: 403-485-2266. Admin: 403-485-2267
- Vulcan Regional Victim Services Society – Support and information for victims of crime and tragedy.
- Family Violence Info Line, 1-403-310-1818
Need someone to talk to? 24/7
- Addiction Helpline
- Call 1-866-332-2322. Translation services are available.
- Mental Health Helpline
- Call 1-877-303-2642. Translation services are available.
- Health Link
- Call 811 to speak with a Registered Nurse about your health concerns.
- Homelessness emergency, Vulcan Regional Food Bank Society
Lori Branden 403-485-2106 Crisis Hotline, 403-485-5846 or 24 hour 1-877-303-2642
Vulcan Community Health Centre Help
Are you losing control…angry, stressed, frightened?
It is a fact that in pandemics there is an increase in domestic violence and child abuse.
We care and there is help available at the Vulcan Community Health Centre.
Call and get help for yourself, your family or your loved ones.
Bev Edwards RN BN
Mental Health Clinician Vulcan Community Health Centre
Regional Covid-19 Updates
Regional Covid-19 updates are being provided by the Vulcan County Regional Emergency Management Partnership.
You can access these updates by going to either the Vulcan County or the Town of Vulcan websites.
Thank you from the Vulcan County Medical Attraction and Retention Committee
Alberta Health Services Covid-19 Update
Vulcan Medical Clinic Update
- The Vulcan Medical Clinic is open during the COVID-19 pandemic
- clinic hours are Monday to Friday (9:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- Be advised that the doctors are still seeing patients in the clinic for scheduled appointments.
- The “on-call” physician will continue to see walk-in patients following the clinic’s normal protocols.
Doctor Appointments via Telephone
A telephone appointment will be booked for you if:
- you are in isolation or quarantine
- if would like a medical appointment with your family physician but would prefer not to come to the Vulcan Medical Clinic
- To book a telephone appointment, please call the Vulcan Medical Clinic at 403-485-2216 and we would be happy to book a telephone appointment for you with your family physician.
- If you must go to Emergency be advised of the following:
- Only ONE support person with you – if needed
- DO NOT bring children into the Emergency unless the child is the patient.
Public Health Appointment
- If you have an appointment for your child’s immunization or other procedure, please leave your other children at home.